Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend

This weekend was really good and relaxing, well, at least their was little rushing around, but there was plenty of drama. Now I should note here that "drama" in my experience is just another word for "you've gotten the family together". It's what happens in my world when 2 or more of my family members get together and it's increasing common when alcohol is involved. This weekend we had both, naturally.

My sister turned 21 this past week and we celebrated her birthday over the weekend. For the purpose of this post I will call the birthday girl T. We celebrate by hosting her birthday on the second floor balcony of T's favorite beach front bar. We took a Hummer limo to the site and partied until 1AM when T decided that it was time to move on to a new destination, which is a local club that's also on the beach. My DH managed to get completely inebriated and kept telling me "I love you man" and "you're SO beautiful". Which was hilarious, so I kept reminding him that we were already married and he didn't have to keep hitting on me, he had already got me. Oh! How I love him.

We got home around 5AM and proceeded to sleep in until 2PM today... normally I would have panicked at the seemingly wasted day but I actually enjoyed myself and was glad for the extra down time. We got to lay in bed with our dogs and talk this morning and then had lunch and toured the new PetSmart in town. (PS The Nutro brand dog food has come out with these natural berry dog treats, they smell AMAZING! Seriously one sniff at the bag and they make you hungry...)

Now it's basically Monday, even though I'm still on Sunday time, and I've already thrown my scrubs in the dryer for the new week. Hmpt, at least I can bring my laptop to use on my down time to do some nesting!

Have a great week!

No comments: