So I was on YouTube tonight just clicking away watching random videos and something on TV made me look for "talking babies" - I should note what I was looking for was for my own research on young children and education, how young babies learn to sign and speak at very young ages. So in true fashion I kept clicking away at the "related videos" until I came across this on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNBzFOPrbD0&feature=related
It was about mothers who nursed their babies well past the modernly believed appropriate age of 2. These mothers are breast feeding until their child is 7 and 8 years old. At once I thought how unusual, it's incredible to me that their are still some women out their that are comfortable putting their child's needs and well being first amongst the public outcry of "abuse!" and "molestation". IMO, it's perfectly natural and healthy to nurse a child until they are no longer interested - I mean, think of the emotional trauma that stopping bf'ing causes. I know I get pissy when Publix stopped carrying my favorite type of tea! But most importantly here I believe that it is a personal and emotional choice that has to be made, mutually, between mother and child - not the media of public opinion. How sad that it's completely appropriate to serve your child hormone infused cow milk and yet it's not OK to naturally feed your child breast milk. Maybe it's because big business can charge your kid for a trip to the pump!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment