Thursday, October 9, 2008

DH is grounded...

Seriously, he lacks the ability to keep his &*#&@^# mouth shut. Last night marks the third time now he has led the busy-body horse to water. What I mean is that it was the third time I've caught (I'll explain in a moment) him handing over the secret that we are TTC.

I say caught because I'm sure if he's done it three times in two weeks in front of me, he's doing it more. I understand he is excited but I still want it to be private until we are indeed hosts... and for a few weeks at least.

Curious on how he's managed to do this three separate times and three vastly different ways? Oh well let me tell you.

Big mouth moment #1: DH tells his mother to read his blog, and Oh, if she wants she can read mine by finding it through his.

Big mouth moment #2: My mother called him at work (my father owns the business and DH is the CFO, blah blah... my mom used to helps him with some accounting... I digress) and asked what he was doing and he said, Oh so casually... faxing some health insurance forms to add maternity. Nice.

And last but, OH-SO-OBVIOUS Big mouth moment #3: At dinner, (we know the owners of the restaurant) the owner mentions that the regular waitress is pregnant... this leads to an awkward conversation between my parents and their friends about babies... how my parent's aren't ready to be grandparents (not my problem, ya?) and DH says "You know I didn't realize how hard it was to get pregnant, but she (me) is doing all this research and we found that it's only one day... blah blah... so I kick him under the table and my mother starts saying it's really easy (no) and my father said you have to (inaudible) on the ovulation day (yes) and DH say (and this is a big one) well she's been telling me about all of this temp'ing you have to do to know the days...

Awesome. I really had a hard time keeping my cool and luckily the conversation was broken up and we left dinner. I asked him on the way home who else he's told, like the previously mentioned MIL, and he said "I don't remember telling her..."

I may kill him. Well not really, but I did make him get up everything 15 seconds last night to get me something so I feel better, for now.

No comments: